Distorted Link to source Today the sky is covered in an uneven grey padding, muffling the light. The tops of the trees are struggling in the wind. Yesterday when I woke late the blue was rich and clear, with the February sun strong enough to warm the floor. The blue is an illusion, isn't it, the effect of the white light from the sun bending through the prism of the atmosphere. Blue bends best and that's why it reaches our eyes. The earth's atomosphere is the lens between the sun and our eyes that register it as blue and our minds that add the harmonics and associations of summer, of beauty, of joy. Without the atmosphere the sky would be white. Without our eyes it wouldn't be any colour at all. Without our minds it would be meaningless. Distorting lens Yesterday I went to the opticians to have one of the lenses taken out of my spectacles. Since the cataract operation I have a new lens inside my eye, so I don't need a lens outside my eye any more. Well, at least n...
Comments
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think about this idea, your experiences, or just what comes to mind when you read this.